Today@Sam has a run-down of the capital improvement projects approved by the Texas State University System Board of Regents, the governing body of SHSU; these include:
- An athletic office complex.
- A parking structure at Bobby K. Marks Drive and Bowers Boulevard.
- A soccer/track/tennis complex.
- A South Dining Commons
- Smith-Kirkley Hall.
- The buildings on Sorority Hill.
- The Northside Dining Facility will be known as Old Main Market upon completion. The new dining facility is located approximately one block north of the previous site of the Old Main building, which burned in 1982.
- The agricultural engineering technology center was renamed the William R. Harrell Agricultural Engineering Technology Center in memory of the late Dr. Billy Harrell, who served in a number of leadership capacities in the university’s Department of Agricultural and Industrial Sciences for 37 years.