The Huntsville Item (Jun. 24) discusses the new Fine Arts and Mass Communication Creative Community coming to Belvin-Buchanan Hall later this fall:
The new and improved 13,000 square-foot facility will be open to COFAMC majors and will feature state-of-the-art technology and studios for students to utilize during all hours of the day.
The Huntsville Item discusses the new headquarters of the Department of Agricultural Sciences and Engineering Technology and the groundbreaking ceremony on the site location of the new Fred Pirkle Engineering Technology Center, at the corner of Bowers Boulevard and Sam Houston Avenue on Friday (Jun. 12) at 1:30 p.m.
More news about the new life being created, in the basement no less, of Belvin-Buchanan Hall from the Houstonian (Feb. 23):
The area directly beneath the residence that once functioned as campus dining hall Café Belvin is currently under renovation, transforming the space into a multi-functional facility for college of fine arts and mass communication majors. The space will include a theatre, sound studios, computer lab, dance studio and conference rooms for student use.
Pirkle Engineering Technology Center Powell Student Health and Counseling Center regents ZZZ Add Comment
- Approval of the design development documents prepared by The Lawrence Group of Austin for the Fred Pirkle Engineering Technology Center project and the projected total cost of $22 million with funding by a $10 million gift and $12 million in Texas State University System Bonds
- The board requested an additional rendering for the South Dining project.
- Approval of the purchase real estate on 16th Street in Huntsville, which is adjacent to current property owned by SHSU and within the boundaries of the current master plan. The property will be used for future campus projects and expansion.
- Approval of an Interlocal Agreement between the City of Huntsville and SHSU for the design and installation of various pedestrian safety and traffic calming improvements along Bobby K. Marks Drive.
- Authorization for SHSU to name the Student Health and Counseling Center the William R. Powell Student Health and Counseling Center.